José I. Fusté, “Repeating Islands of Debt: Historicizing the Transcolonial Relationality of Puerto Rico’s Economic Crisis, Radical History Review (2017)
Pedro Cabán “Puerto Rico’s long fall from ‘shining star’ to the ‘Greece’ of the Caribbean” The Conversation June 12, 2015
Sherrie L. Baver, The Political Economy of Colonialism: The State and Industrialization in Puerto Rico (Praeger, 1993).
Déborah Berman Santana, Kicking Off the Bootstraps: Environment, Development, and Community Power in Puerto Rico (University of Arizona Press, 1996).
Frank Bonilla and Ricardo Campos, Industry and Idleness (Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños, 1986).
Diane Lourdes Dick, “U.S. Tax Imperialism in Puerto Rico,” American University Law Review (2015).
James Dietz, Economic History of Puerto Rico: Institutional Change and Capitalist Development (Princeton University Press, 1986).
Emilio Pantojas-García, Development Strategies as Ideology: Puerto Rico’s Export-Led Industrialization Experience (Boulder: Lynne Rienner Publishers, 1990).
Argeo T. Quiñones-Pérez and Ian J. Seda-Irizarry, “Wealth Extraction, Governmental Servitude, and Social Disintegration in Colonial Puerto Rico,” New Politics (2016).
- Rafael Bernabe, “Puerto Rico’s New Era: A Crisis in Crisis Management,” NACLA Report on the Americas (2007).
- Frank Bonilla and Ricardo Campos, “A Wealth of Poor: Puerto Ricans in the New Economic Order,” Daedalus (1981).
- Pedro A. Cabán, “The Colonial State and Capitalist Expansion in Puerto Rico: An Historical Overview,” Boletín del Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños (1989).
- Héctor Cordero-Guzmán, “The Production and Reproduction of Poverty in Puerto Rico,” Poverty in Puerto Rico: A Socioeconomic and Demographic Analysis with Data from the Puerto Rico Community Survey (Inter American University of Puerto Rico, 2016)
- James Dietz, Puerto Rico: Negotiating Development and Change (Boulder: Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2003).
- Helen Icken Safa, The Urban Poor of Puerto Rico: A Study in Development and Inequality (Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, 1974).
- Mi santa mirada Directed by Álvaro Aponte Centeno, 15 mins, 2012
- Progreso, Directed by José Morales, 66 mins, 2006